Thursday, May 28, 2015

TOW #28

Looking back at my previously written TOWs, I noticed that I now have a better sense of what I want to talk about and how I would organize it instead of just writing whatever comes to my mind. Now, I think of what I want to say and how I want to say it and overall what I really learned from whatever I was reading. I think that I have mastered thinking a lot more rapidly. I really think this has to do with knowing what i want to put out there first before i write. I notice that I do not keep stopping in the middle of my TOWs and thinking of what I should say and kind of being in that "getting it over with" attitude. I know that in the beginning of the year i was a little skeptical on how this would really improve my writing skills since I thought I was just going to read something quick and write whatever comes to mind. The questions that are required in order to complete each TOW helped me to really read something that is worth reading and benefited my knowledge somehow. One thing I could strive to improve in my TOWs is to not procrastinate and understand that even writing something about you read once a week could really improve your writing and understanding of current issues or just simply understanding visual texts more. I feel like I really benefited from these assignments simply because it actually improved my writing skills and influenced me to write more just in general. I would honestly continue writing TOWs for my own use.

No comments:

Post a Comment